There are multiple recipes available on the website of Atkins. Describing all the recipes may be difficult here, but a few of the Atkins Diet Recipes which will satisfy your taste buds to the fullest at the time you are starving and you are in want of healthy and tasty food are explained below.
- Atkins Diet Recipes – Burger : It is prepared using the following method –
- Ingredients – one fourth cabbage (finely chopped), one eight cup of mayonnaise sauce, one by sixteenth cup of sour cream, one fourth tablespoon of vinegar, one eight tablespoon of sugar substitute, salt as per taste, celery seed as per taste, 6 ounces of ground beef or 6 ounces of potato, 1 slice of Cheddar cheese, 2 slices of bread and some tomato slices.
- Method – mix all the ingredients except cabbage, beef or potato, tomato and breads in a bowl. Pour the prepared dressing on the finely chopped cabbage, mix well & freeze it for half an hour. Prepare small patties of beef or potato; season it with some salt and black pepper. Once ready, grill it for 10 minutes. Put the slice of Chedda cheese on the pattie so that the cheese can melt. Once done add the pattie in between the breads, add tomato and serve the same with the cabbage mixture that was formed.
- Benefits – This pattie burger is very yum to eat and have net carbohydrate of 7.8 grams, fiber 8 grams, protein – 42.1 grmas, it will have fat 69.9.grams together with 862.7 calories. The burger will be very filling and will substitute one full meal in a day & will take total 40 minutes to be prepared (including 10 min for cooking and 30 minutes for preparations).
- Atkins Diet Recipe for Chocolate Mudslide – The method of preparation is as follows –
- Ingredients – 1 cup of heavy cream, half cup of water, half cup of sugar free chocolate syrup, 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Method – mix the water, cream, syrup, cocoa powder in a saucepan and stir until the powder is dissolved and there is a boil. Once the powder is dissolved, remove the same from heat and stir the chocolate and vanilla extracts. Once done, freeze the liquid in a pan for almost 3 hours (till it is almost solid). After the same freezes, break the frozen mixture; blend the same until it is soft and slushy. Once done, serve it cold in glasses.
- Benefits – It contains Net carbohydrates of 7.5 grams, fibre 2 grams, Protien 2.5 grams, Fat 23 grams and 234 calories. However, it is worth noting that this recipe is also healthy and fulfills your craving for deserts at the time of diet.
Atkins Diet Recipes are also prescribed by many dietitians to its clients for weight reduction as well as to feel more energetic.